Kool Mist Coolant General Information
Superior Performance as a Mist or as a Flood Coolant
Formulas “77” and “78” will assure superior results and maximum safety conditions from your spray mist system regardless of make.
All metal cutting applications generate heat due to metal deformation and chip friction at the tool chip interface. Coolants allow for this heat to be minimized or removed from the operation. By removing the heat generated in the operation, tool life increases and part finish is improved. Both coolants can help boost your output, improve your micro-finishes, and
extend your tool life
Our spray mist coolant will not cause:
- Plugged lines and nozzles
No ordinary mist coolant matches Kool Mist for effectiveness. In a given time, Kool Mist can absorb 1000 times as much as an equal volume of flood coolant. With destructive heat removed as fast as it generates, production is often doubled and tool life tripled. Heavier cuts, coarser feeds, faster speeds and better micro-finishes become possible even on tough new alloys and exotic metals.
Safe for People, Machines and Parts
Kool Mist contains no halogens or sulfides and is totally free of dangerous or otherwise troublesome chemicals. It is harmless to operators and ends problems of mist fog fumes. Kool Mist will not cause corrosion, buildup, rancidity or objectionable odors. Neither will it create rust or stains or machined parts even when diluted 32:1 with water. As a result, it sharply reduces parts spoilage, eliminates employee health claims and precludes problems with health and environmental agencies such as OSHA.
Kool Mist makes common materials more machinable because its outstanding cooling action keeps tools sharp and lubricated. It provides excellent results on ferrous metals, brass, bronze, aluminum and many plastics. Kool Mist is often the only answer to cutting special alloys and exotic metals.
- Drills hold their diameters, and cutting edges longer with mist, and chip move freely up and out of the flutes.
- Unlike flood coolants, the clear mist holds up and mills visible throughout the pass while giving ample cooling.
- Mist-cooled cutter grinder wheel hold their form longer and do not burn or crystallize narrow lands on costly cutters.
- Mist angles into tapped hole keeps tap cool, lowers torque, prevents chip welding, and greatly extends tap life.
- Mist-cooled surface grinder wheels don’t load up quickly, need fewer dressings, and give better micro-finishes.
Works with many Mist Systems
Kool Mist may be used in just about any mist spray coolant system. It will not attack or react with hoses, tanks, or valves. Solids do not precipitate from the solution, so there is no possibility of accumulated sludge or clogging of small passages and nozzles.
Both Kool Mist coolant formulas are biodegradable. Greatly reducing storage and disposal concerns and procedures. Coolant may be disposed of without special treatment and with no adverse environmental effect.
A Little Does a Lot
Kool Mist comes in concentrated form, and may be diluted with water solutions up to 33 gallons of mix, or enough for 33 shifts of eight hours each at average rate of use. Therefore, making coolant costs under 3 cents an hour !
Excellent for Every Machining Operation:
- Turning & Facing
- Thread Chasing
- Surface Grinding
- Tool Grinding
- Blanchard Grinding
- End Milling
- Die Sinking
- Abrasive Cutoff
- Power Hacksawing
Type of operation it has been used on:
- Copy Router
- Drilling & tapping mild steel
- Cutter parts on a Vertical bandsaw
- Cooling Inserts
- Bridgeport Mill
- Lathe slitting
- Dust removal on a wood re-saw blade
- Vertical drilling and tapping
- Knife sharpener
- Radial arm saw
- Hand mill
- CNC mill
- Home hobbiest - lathe-milling
- Upcut Saw